- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1kg fresh spinach, de-stalked
- 50 ml olive oil
- 300g cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper
- 3 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 slices bread, fried in oil until golden
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 and a half tsp sweet paprika
1. Rinse the spinach well. Cook the freshly-rinsed spinach in a covered pan for 4 minutes, until wilted. Drain, cool and press out excess moisture, then roughly chop.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Fry the spinach for 1 minute. Stir in the chick peas and cumin. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Meanwhile, pound the garlic and fried bread in a pestle and mortar or grind in a blender to a fine paste. Add the garlic paste to the spinach, mixing well.
4. Add the vinegar, water and paprika and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe