- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dried egg noodles
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 apple, such as Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced into strips
- 200 g raw peeled king prawns
- 3 tsp tamarind
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 x 260g pack of stir fry vegetables
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli, florets removed and stems finely sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp Thai fish sauce
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon groundnut oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the apple slices and stir fry for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the prawns to the pan with 2 teaspoons tamarind paste and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost cooked. Remove and set aside with the apples.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir fry the chilli, stir fry vegetables and broccoli for 4 minutes.
5. Return the prawns and apples to the pan and stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and remaining tamarind. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve with the noodles.
Recipe from www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
Rate This Recipe