- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 apples
- 25 g brown sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 75 g butter, softened
- 50 g caster sugar
- 6 bananas
- 1 mango
- mango, banana or coconut ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. In a small, covered, heavy-based saucepan cook the apple, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water for 10-15 minutes until the apple is softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Make the crumble topping. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the caster sugar.
3. Peel and chop the bananas. Peel the mango, discarding large central stone, and cut the flesh into small chunks.
4. Mix together the stewed apple, banana and mango and layer in an ovenproof serving dish. Spread the crumble topping over the fruit.
5. Bake the crumble for 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven with ice cream.
Rate This Recipe