- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eating apples, (unpeeled), cored, cut into quarters and roughly chopped
- 150 g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 50 g porridge oats
- 2 eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 50 g pecans, plus 12 to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
These will keep for 45 days in an airtight container.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4, then grease the sides of the Swiss roll tin (23 x 30cm ) with butter and line the base with baking parchment.
2. Place the prepared apples in a food processor and pulse a few times until theyre in small pieces. Add the butter and sugar and cream together for 20 seconds or so, then add all the remaining ingredients and pulse just until mixed.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and place the pecans on top, spaced apart to form an even grid (4 x 3). Bake for 2530 minutes or until risen and golden, then remove from the oven and leave in the tin
to cool down completely.
4. When cool, cut into 12 bars, each with one pecan on top, and remove from the tin.
Text © Rachel Allen 2012. Photography © Philip Webb 2012.
Rate This Recipe