- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- splash light flavoured oil, such as canola oil, for greasing
- 1 large sea bass, scaled and gutted, slashed on both sides
- 4 tbsp Thai spice mix, (not curry paste)
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 spring onions, cut in half diagonally
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced diagonally
- 1 small handful coriander, sprigs
- steamed sticky rice
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
2. Oil a large piece of baking parchment. Place the fish on the paper and rub the fish inside and out with the spice powder. Sprinkle with the ginger and spring onions. Pour over the sesame oil, white wine, fish sauce and lime juice.
3. Pull up the sides of the paper and fold to enclose the fish. Put the parcel on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
4. Remove the parcel from the oven and leave to rest for a couple of minutes. Carefully unwrap the fish ' beware of the escaping steam as it is very hot.
Garnish the fish with red chilli and coriander sprigs and serve with sticky rice.
Rate This Recipe