- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 spears English asparagus, woody ends discarded
- 6 slices pancetta
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add pancetta and fry until crispy.
3. Meanwhile bring another pan of water up to simmering point add the vinegar and carefully break in the eggs and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
4. Divide the asparagus onto each plate and top with the pancetta. Break the poached egg over the top, finish with a little olive oil.
Rate This Recipe