- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large aubergines, each cut into 12 slices lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, halved
- 1 lemon, grated rind only
- 150 g wholemeal or granary breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 100 g soft goats' cheese
- handful fresh herbs, such as parsley and thyme, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Nutritional information: Each serving contains 194 calories, 19 g protein, 0g carbohydrates, 5 g fat.
For more information on diabetes, call 020 7424 1000 or visit www.diabetes.org.uk
1. Preheat the grill to high. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with the oil.
Place on baking sheets with the pepper halves (skin side up) and grill for 57 minutes, turning the aubergine slices halfway through the cooking time.
2. Put the peppers into a plastic bag and tie securely. Set aside until cool, then remove the skin it should peel off relatively easily and finely chop the flesh.
3. Mix together the lemon rind, breadcrumbs, pesto, pine nuts, soft goats cheese, herbs and chopped pepper. Divide the mixture between the aubergine slices, roll each one up from the shortest end and secure with a cocktail stick. Set aside.
4. When ready to cook, place over a medium heat and cook for 23 minutes on each side until nicely charred and the filling is oozing.
Recipe supplied by Diabetes UK
Rate This Recipe