- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 400baby g octopus, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp white wine
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 10 basil
- 4 slices Tuscan or other Italian bread, toasted
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chillies, and gently fry for a minute or two without letting them burn.
2. Add the octopus and fry for few minutes, turning once, until white.
3. Pour in the wine and simmer briskly to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the basil leaves and simmer for 2 minutes more.
5. Place some octopus and the sauce in the middle of each plate. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Set the toasted bread on the side and serve.
Rate This Recipe