- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 slices bacon
- handfuls grated Gubbeen cheese, or any melting cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 slices white bread, ciabatta or sourdough bread
- softened butter
1. Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese with the egg yolk and mustard, seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Lay the slices of bread on a clean work surface. Spread one slice with butter, add the bacon, then the grated cheese mixture. Spread the other slice of bread with butter and place on top, butter side-down. Spread some butter on the top of the sandwich.
4. Place a frying pan on the heat and put the sandwich in the pan straightaway, butter-side down. Put a saucepan lid on the pan and fry over a medium heat for another 3-4 minutes, until golden-brown on the underside.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on the top and flip over. Cover again, turn down the heat and cook for another 3-4 minutes until golden-brown and the cheese is just melted. Remove and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe