- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g or 4 whole sprats
- 1 small dried chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 150 g toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest only
- 2 tsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp pine kernels
- 250 g kale, trimmed
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Fillet the sprats. Lay 4 fillets side by side on greaseproof paper. Crush up then season with salt and pepper, a little of the dried chilli and half the fennel seeds, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and pine nuts.
3. Lay the last 4 fillets on top, silver side up and add the rest of the topping
4. Bake these in an oven for 5 mins.
5. Serve with blanched kale and dress with a generous portion of good olive oil and lemon juice.
Rate This Recipe