- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 sea bass, filleted
- 1 banana leaf
- a pinch of garlic paste
- a pinch of ginger paste
- a pinch of chopped chives
- a pinch of finely chopped green chillies
- 2 pinches of chopped coriander
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 slice of limes
- 1/2 green mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 2 tsp asafoetida
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Place the sea bass fillet on the banana leaf. Sprinkle over the garlic paste, ginger paste, a pinch of salt, chopped chives, chilli, fresh coriander, pepper and chilli powder. Top with the butter and slice of lime.
3. Fold the banana leaf up over the fish, forming a parcel and sealing it with toothpicks. Place the banana leaf parcel in a roasting tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the green mango and yogurt in a bowl. Season with salt.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. Fry, stirring, for 2 minutes, until the mustard seeds begin to pop and the mixture smells fragrant.
6. Stir the mustard seed mixture into the yogurt, mixing well.
7. Unwrap the baked fish from its banana leaf wrapping and serve the fish with the mango yogurt dressing.
Rate This Recipe