- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 chilling
- Effort: easy
For the butter
- 2 red onions, peeled, halved and finely chopped
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- splashes red wine
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
- 500 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp Henderson's relishes
- 2 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 tbsp Tewksbury mustard
- 2 tsp Gentleman's relishes
For the beef
- 1 x 350 g beef fillet, on the bone, heavily marbled
- 1 x 300 g Porterhouse steaks, heavily marbled
1. For the butter: gently cook the red onions and black pepper in the rapeseed oil for 1-2 minutes then remove from the heat and mix well with all of the other ingredients.
2. Roll the butter mixture in cling film or greaseproof into a 3cm cylinder and store in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
3. For the beef: season the fillet and the porterhouse with a little salt and pepper. Brush the 2 cuts of beef with vegetable oil.
4. Heat a griddle pan until smoking, and cook the beef cuts for 3-4 minutes on each side (for medium rare), or until cooked to your liking.
5. Serve the grilled beef on the bone and the porterhouse with a knob of the Chop House butter.
Rate This Recipe