- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 220 g caster sugar
- 100 g fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- blackberry ice cream, to serve
1. Put the sugar in a saucepan with 60ml of water and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Increase the heat under the pan and bring the syrup to the boil. Cook until the syrup is golden, then remove from the heat.
3. Mash the blackberries with the vanilla extract and stir into the syrup. Leave to cool before serving with ice cream.
Rate This Recipe