- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus steeping
- Effort: easy
- 800 g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 200 ml port
- 200 ml rosé wine
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50-100 g caster sugar, to taste
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- crème fraîche or natural yogurt
1. Throw the strawberries into a bowl. Put remaining ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Remove pod, star anise, cloves and peppercorns.
2. Pour warm liquid over the strawberries and cover bowl with cling film. Allow to steep until cooled.
4. Serve with crème fraîche/yogurt and biscuits.
Rate This Recipe