- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 12 hrs refrigeration
- Effort: easy
- 1 pig's head
- 4 pig's trotters
- 1 pig's tails
- 1 bulbs Florence fennel, chopped
- 3 carrots, finely sliced
- 3 banana shallots, finely sliced
- 1 sprigs sage, chopped
- 1 sprigs lemon thyme
- celery salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 bay leaves, for garnishing
1. Cut the cheeks and ears off the pig's head and place everything, including the trotters and tail, in a large saucepan of boiling water. Simmer for 24 hours then leave it to cool in its cooking liquor.
2. Drain and remove all the meat from the head. Chop the meat finely and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the fennel, carrot and shallots.
4. Stir in the herbs, season with celery salt, and mix everything together.
5. Decorate the bottom of a serving bowl with bay leaves, and spoon the meat onto the leaves.
6. Drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the meat and ladle in the cooking liquid. Refrigerate for 12 hours until set, and serve.
Rate This Recipe