- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 red chilli, chopped
- 400 g baby plum tomatoes, left whole
- 1 small bunch marjoram
- 1 kg sea bream, gutted and scaled
- 2 tsp capers
- 50 g black olives
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch basil
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Gently fry the garlic, chillies and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes and then add about 100ml water and a quarter of the marjoram sprigs. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Using a sharp knife, score the fish on both sides and stuff the cavity with the remaining marjoram sprigs.
3. Put the fish on top of the tomatoes, replace the lid, and simmer for 10-15 minutes - until the fish is tender. You can also cook the fish in an oven heated to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
4. Scatter with capers, olives, basil leaves and the sliced red onion. Drizzle over the olive oil and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe