- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g penne pasta
- 150 g broccoli florets
- 150 g spears of asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150 g fresh or frozen garden peas
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the garnish
- 50 g almonds
Tips and Suggestions
The topping works well too with brown rice instead of pasta
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Steam the broccoli, asparagus and peas for 57 minutes until tender. Leave to cool. Mix all the vegetables with the pasta and herbs in a large salad bowl.
3. For the dressing: put all the ingredients in a jar and shake with the lid on. Stir through the salad then season.
4. For the garnish: scatter with almonds and serve.
Rate This Recipe