- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 leek, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 rashers bacon
- juice of 3 tomatoes
- small handful of tarragon leaves
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 2 eggs, soft-boiled, peeled and halved lengthways
- handful of chopped green olives
- 4 tinned anchovies
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the leek, garlic and onion and fry gently until softened. Remove the leek mixture from the pan and reserve.
2. Add the bacon to the frying pan and fry until crispy.
3. Add the fresh tomatoes, tomato juice and tarragon. Bring to the boil.
4. Add the reserved leek mixture to the tomato mixture, mixing well.
5. Place the slices of bread in the pan and allow them to soak up the juices.
6. Grill the bread on both sides.
7. Top the toasted bread with the green olives, then a spoonful of the tomato mixture.
8. Put the eggs on the bread and top with the anchovy fillets.
9. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe