- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 120 g caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g Italian sponge fingers, also known as savoiardi di fonni
- 300 ml cold espresso coffee
- a splash of marsala, or sweet wine
- 50 g best quality dark chocolate, in large thick shavings, you can use
- 250 g dulce de leche
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 50 g white chocolate, in large thick shavings
- 100 g amaretti biscuits, crumbled
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light and frothy. Mix in the mascarpone and vanilla until combined and set aside.
2. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until white and stiff. Add a large spoonful of the beaten egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and mix through. Add the rest of the egg whites and fold through gently.
3. Arrange the sponge fingers across the base of 6 glass jars. Soak them in the espresso and splash with a little marsala wine. Carefully spread a layer of the marscarpone mixture and sprinkle over a little of the dark chocolate shavings then spoon in a few tablespoons of the dulche de leche. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients ending with a final layer of mascarpone mix.
4. Dust with a little cocoa powder, add a spoonful of dulce de leche and a final garnish of dark and white chocolate shavings and some crumbled amaretti biscuits.
Rate This Recipe