- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 10 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 4 heads chicory
- 5-6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 500 g fresh veal loin, cut into 12 slices
- 3 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
1. In a bowl, mix together the chilli, garlic, parsley, extra-virgin olive oil and salt to taste. Set aside to infuse.
2. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the chicory with some of the olive oil and griddle for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Wrap each slice of veal in cling film and beat with a cook's mallet until very thin.
4. Brush the veal slices with the remaining olive oil and cook each veal slice on the griddle for 30 seconds on each side, keeping the griddled veal warm while you cook the remainder.
5. For each serving, place 3 slices of griddled veal in the middle of a plate, overlap 2 halves of griddled chicory on top and drizzle the cold parsley dressing around.
6. Repeat making 4 servings in all. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe