- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g carrots, cut into chunks
- 500 g swede, cut into chunks
- freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the carrots and swede in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer briskly for about 20 minutes until soft.
2. Drain in a colander set over a bowl. Reserve the water and put the vegetables in a warm serving bowl.
3. Pour a little of the water into the vegetable bowl and start to mash.
4. Once you have mashed the carrot and swede to your preferred texture, add a little freshly grated nutmeg and black pepper to taste and mix in gently.
Rate This Recipe