- Serves: Makes 2 x 500g jars
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g carrots
- 500 g sugar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp brandy
1. Wash and scrape the carrots, then cut them into chunks.
2. Place them in a steamer and cook for about 40 minutes or until completely soft (if you don't have a steamer, boil them in as little water as possible.)
3. Drain well and blend in a food processor until very smooth.
4. Place the pureed carrots with the sugar, lemon juice and zest in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir over a very gentle heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
5. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes. Add the almonds and brandy and stir thoroughly.
6. When cool, spoon into some sterilized jars, seal tightly and store in a dry place.
Rate This Recipe