- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g broccoli florets
- 450 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 200 g ogle shield cheese
1. In a large pan of boiling salted water, blanch the broccoli and cauliflower until tender, but still retaining some bite.
2. Drain the broccoli and cauliflower well, transfer to a bowl of iced water and leave until the vegetables are completely cool. Drain again and set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onions to the pan and cook until softened, but not coloured.
4. Preheat the grill to hot.
5. Add the broccoli and cauliflower to the pan and top with the cheese.
6. Transfer the pan to under the grill and cook until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbling. Serve straightaway.
Made with produce from The Cheese Shed - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe