- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 clove garlic, 1 crushed, 1 left whole
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g spinach leaves
- lemon wedges
- black pepper
1. Slice the chicken breasts horizontally in half so you can open them out flat. Place between two layers of greaseproof paper or a cut-open freezer bag, and flatten to about 5mm thick with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Mix the parsley with the crushed garlic clove. Rub onto both sides of the chicken along with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Leave in a dish to marinate.
3. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the spinach. Blanch for a couple of seconds until just wilted, then drain.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the whole garlic clove, sizzle for a few seconds, then add the spinach. Stir for a minute or two until cooked through. Stir in the knob of butter, and season to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Preheat a stovetop griddle. Place the chicken pieces on the griddle and grill for about 3 minutes on each side until beginning to colour.
6. Serve with the spinach and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Rate This Recipe