- Serves: Serves 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g membrillo (quince cheese)
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 good pinches of dried thyme, or leaves stripped from 2 fresh sprigs
- 1 fat clove garlic, halved
- 300 g semi-soft Chèvre goats' cheese, rinded and sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Cut the quince paste into 4 equal sized slices, then wrap each quince slice in a slice of Parma ham. Set aside.
2. Brush the ciabatta with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly crisp and golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan. Add the ham-wrapped quince and pan-fry for about 2 minutes on each side until just browned, scattering lightly with the thyme.
4. Remove the bread from the oven and quickly rub the surface with the garlic clove, then top with the sliced chevre. Place a ham and quince paste parcel on top of each bread slice and drizzle over any pan juices. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe