- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 55 g goats' cheese
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- small bunch of oregano, leaves finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 6 rashers bacon
- tomato and avocado salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. In a bowl, mix together the diced tomato and goats' cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the olive oil and around a teaspoon of the chopped oregano leaves.
3. Cut a slash lengthways in each of the chicken breast fillets to form a cavity in each one.
4. Stuff each cavity with the goats' cheese mixture.
5. Wrap each chicken breast in 3 bacon rashers and secure each one with a piece of string.
6. Place the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in a shallow, greased earthenware dish, Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and season with freshly ground pepper.
7. Roast the chicken for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
8. Serve at once with a tomato and avocado salad.
Rate This Recipe