- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 chicken stock cubes, such as Kallo organic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs, preferably higher welfare, boned and skin off
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon bacon, the best quality you can afford, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 200 g swede, peeled and diced
- 1 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 150 g button mushrooms, wiped clean and halved
- 2 heaped dessertspoons plain flour
- sprigs tarragon, leaves picked and roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Dissolve the chicken stock cubes in 800ml boiling water. Add the olive oil to a deep casserole pan on a medium heat. Add the chicken and bacon and cook for 10 minutes, or until lightly coloured. Transfer them to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain, leaving the fat behind in the pan. Add the onion, leek, pepper, swede, sweet potato and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until soft but not coloured.
3. Add the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring all the time - this should make a thick paste. Pour in the chicken stock and return the chicken and bacon to the pan. Bring to the boil then stir through the tarragon and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is falling apart. If the sauce needs thickening, reduce on the hob for a few minutes before serving. Serve with mashed potato or steamed rice.
Recipe provided by Kallo
Rate This Recipe