- Serves: 2 as a light meal, 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 chicken livers, cleaned
- plain flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for cooking
- 1 small spicy chorizo sausage, cut into 0.5cm thick slices
- 2 tbsp dry fino sherry
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- mixed salad leaves, (such as baby gem lettuce and watercress)
- handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- crusty bread
1. Coat the chicken livers in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chorizo slices for 3-4 minutes or until crisp.
3. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chorizo slices onto a warm plate, leaving the chorizo flavoured oil in the pan.
4. Add the chicken livers to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden-brown and just cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken livers from the pan and add to the chorizo.
6. Pour off any excess oil from the pan, leaving behind the juices. Return the pan to the heat, pour in the sherry and stir to deglaze, scraping up any flavoursome brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste and add more olive oil or vinegar if necessary.
8. Pour enough dressing over the mixed leaves and tomatoes to coat lightly and toss gently to combine.
9. Divide the salad between serving plates then scatter over the chorizo and chicken livers, pour over the pan juices and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe