- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 large skinless chicken breast fillets
- 6 slices of Parma ham, or prosciutto, halved
- 12 large sage leaves
- seasoned flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally into two thinner escalopes. Cut each half in three equal pieces, diagonally across the grain, so you have 12 escalopes.
2. Put each escalope between sheets of cling film and bat out thinly without tearing. Season each escalope with a little sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Lay half a slice of ham on each escalope, put a sage leaf on top and secure these to the chicken by taking a large stitch in the centre, with a cocktail stick.
4. Dust each escalope with seasoned flour on both sides.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the butter and wait until foaming.
6. Fry the escalopes four at a time over a high heat for 1 minute 30 seconds, sage-sides down, then flip them over and fry for another 30 seconds until golden brown and tender.
7. Remove and keep warm while you cook the remainder.
8. Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve piping hot.
Rate This Recipe