- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 700 g cooked chicken pieces, skinned, boned and cut into chunks
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- basmati rice, to serve
- sprigs coriander
- toasted coconut flakes
1. In a large bowl mix together the ginger, garlic, onion, chilli powder, salt, freshly ground pepper, lime juice, red chilli, turmeric and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Add in the chicken, mixing well, and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Once hot, add in the spiced chicken. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is brown on both sides.
4. Stir in the cream and cook gently, stirring, for a couple of minutes.
5. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground pepper if needed. Mix in about half the lemon juice to taste and chopped coriander.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander and toasted flaked coconut and serve at once with the naan bread or basmati rice.
Rate This Recipe