- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hours
- Effort: medium
- 400 g gram flour, also known as chickpea flour
- 1 litres cold water
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 5 red Asian shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, pounded
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and pounded
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 fillets of chicken thighs, diced
- 400 g rice noodles, blanched
- 200 g bok choy, blanched
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 4 tsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp fried garlic
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp suger cane syrup
- Sliced spring onions
- dried red chilli flakes
- lime wedges
1. In a large bowl combine gram flour (chickpea powder) and water. Mix well then allow to set for 2 hours.
2. Take the top half of the liquid and transfer to a pot and place on low heat, stirring for 15 minutes. Now begin to add a few tablespoons of the remaining liquid every 5 minutes whilst stirring for the next 15 minutes. You should notice the liquid getting thicker.
3. Meanwhile, bring a pan to medium-heat, add oil and sauté the turmeric, red shallots, garlic and ginger for 15 minutes.
4. Now add tomatoes, paprika powder, salt and chicken then stir-fry on medium heat for 10 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
5. To serve, divide noodles into 4 soup bowls. Ladle the tofu soup over the noodles, then top with cooked chicken, bok choy, bean sprouts, black sesame, peanuts, fried garlic, soy sauce & sugar cane syrup.
6. Garnish & serve with spring onion, chili flakes and a wedge of lime.
Rate This Recipe