- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces, or 8 chicken pieces (8 chicken pieces (breasts, legs or thighs)
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp honey, warmed
- salt and black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary, or 6 sprigs of thyme
For the salad
- 150 g goats' cheese
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
2. Place the chicken pieces in a large baking dish, skin side up (they can be skinned if you prefer but the chicken will be more moist with the skin on). In a small bowl mix the juice of the lemons with the warm honey, then pour this over the chicken pieces. Place the empty lemon halves in the dish between the chicken pieces for extra flavour, along with the sprigs of rosemary or thyme. Season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the skin is golden. Remove from the oven and discard the lemon halves.
4. Pour the juices from the dish into a saucepan and boil, uncovered, for about 5 minutes until the juices have thickened slightly. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
5. Add the salad ingredients to a bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil and season well. Pour over the salad just before serving.
6. Serve the chicken and sauce with the salad.
Rate This Recipe