- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 red chillies, chopped
- 300 g raw small crab, chopped in halves
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- 4 tbsp sprigs coriander
For the chilli crab sauce:
- 240 ml water
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
For the coconut noodles:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chillies
- 1 spring onion, sliced lengthways
- 4 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 400 g yellow shi noodles, cooked and drained
1. First prepare the chilli crab sauce. Place the water, ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour into a bowl and mix well.
2. Heat a wok and add in the vegetable oil. Add in the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add the raw crabs to the wok and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until the crab turns red in colour.
4.Stir in the sauce and cook for 1 minute, then add the water, lime juice, spring onion and coriander. Cover and set aside.
5. To make the coconut noodles, heat a wok and add in the vegetable oil. Add in the chopped garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the coconut milk and shrimp paste, then the chilli, dried chillies, spring onion and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
7. Add the noodles and cook for a further 30 seconds to allow the noodles to absorb the sauce.
8. To serve, place the chilli crab on top of the coconut noodles.
Rate This Recipe