- Serves: 4. Makes 8.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 limes, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g large prawns, peeled and veins removed
- 1 x 325 g packet (8) flour tortillas
- 1 heads lettuce
- 1 small carton soured cream
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunches coriander, chopped
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, sliced
Tips and Suggestions
Use smoked chilli powder if you prefer a milder flavour.
1. Preheat a barbecue or grill to medium.
2. Combine the chilli powder, lime zest and juice, oil and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Split the mixture in half and place in two bowls.
3. Put the prawns into one bowl and stir to coat well with the mixture.
4. Thread the prawns onto 8 skewers and place on the barbecue or grill.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 7-8 minutes until cooked through.
6. Toss the cooked prawns in the remaining unused lime and seasoning mixture.
7. Warm the tortillas through on the barbecue or grill.
8. Top the tortillas with lettuce and prawns. Drizzle with soured cream and scatter over the onion, chopped coriander and peppers.
9. To serve, roll the tortillas up and tuck in one end.
Rate This Recipe