- Serves: makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus proving
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour, plus a little extra
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 7g fast action dried yeast
- 250 ml cold water
- 300 g tinned mandarins, drained
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the olive oil and the yeast.
3. Add the water and mix to a soft dough.
4. Knead for at least 10 minutes until the dough is silky smooth and springy.
5. Place in a greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until doubled in size.
6. Mix in the drained mandarins, adding a little bit more flour to compensate for any juice in the mandarins.
7. Mix in the chocolate chips and knead into neat parcel.
8. Shape into a loaf and place on a baking sheet. Leave to prove for another 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 230°C/ gas 8.
10. Bake the loaf for 30 minutes.
Rate This Recipe