- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g milk or dark chocolate, in drops or broken into pieces
- 75 g pecans, roughly chopped
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 25 ml maple syrup, for the glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Cream the butter until soft in a large bowl or in an electric food mixer. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then tip in the chocolate and pecans and fold in with the flour to combine.
3. Divide the batter between the muffin cases, filling each case three quarters full. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden on top and lightly springy to the touch.
4. Transfer the tin to a wire rack and brush each muffin with some of the maple syrup. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on the wire rack to finish cooling.
Text © Rachel Allen 2012. Photography © Philip Webb 2012.
Rate This Recipe