- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
- 250 g butter
- 30 g instant coffee
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 125 g sugar
- 75 g plain flour, sifted
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, suspended above a pan of simmering water.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the melted chocolate and butter. Add the coffee and stir until well-blended.
4. In a separate large mixing bowl, ideally using an electric whisk, whisk together the eggs, yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy.
5. Pour the egg mixture onto the chocolate mixture and whisk together until smooth.
6. Add the flour, whisking until well-mixed.
7. Transfer the chocolate mixture into 4 well-buttered ramekins or dariole moulds, cool and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
8. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
9. Bake the chilled fondants for 10 minutes. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe