- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus at least 30 mins setting
- Effort: medium
- 200 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 100 g liquid glucose
- 40 ml warm water
- 1 chocolate tart
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl suspended above simmering water to 50°C.
2. Warm the glucose in a saucepan with the water.
3. Add the glucose mixture to the chocolate and mix well until smooth.
4. Place into a plastic food bag to cool and set thoroughly into a paste.
5. Take the chocolate tart and place onto a serving plate or tray.
6. Take pieces of the chocolate paste and knead until soft and pliable.
7. Roll into long thin cone shapes and wrap these shapes around a clean wooden spoon or paintbrush handle which has been oiled with vegetable oil to form spirals.
8. Carefully slide the spirals off the handle and place aside in a cool place for at least 30 minutes to set. If need be, make these 2-3 days before use and store in an airtight container but not in the refrigerator.
9. Place the chocolate spirals on the tart in a stacking fashion and dust with icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe