- Serves: 80
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 4 hours refrigeration
- Effort: easy
- 115 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 405 g condensed milk
- 115 g plain chocolate, broken into squares
- 800 g icing sugar, sifted
Tips and Suggestions
Watch our How to make fudge video for more help.
1. Place the butter in a large bowl and beat in the vanilla extract and condensed milk.
2. Place the chocolate squares in a bowl and set it over a pan of barely simmering water. Leave it to melt, remove from the heat and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Allow the chocolate to cool and then beat it in, gradually, to the butter mixture. Beat in the icing sugar, a little at a time. When it has all been incorporated you should end up with a soft, dough-like mixture.
4. Line a 20 x 30 cm shallow baking tin with baking parchment paper. Press the mixture into the tin, ensuring that the surface is even. Using the tip of a sharp knife, mark the fudge into about 80 pieces and then place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
5. When the fudge has set, use the edges of the paper to lift it from the tin on to a large chopping board and cut it into the marked pieces. Wrap the fudge to give as gifts.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Best ever fudge recipes.
Rate This Recipe