- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling overnight
- Effort: easy
- 100 g chocolate
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 g caster sugar
- 6 egg whites
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, then set the bowl aside and let the chocolate cool a little.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and 40g of the sugar for a few minutes until the mixture thickens, becoming pale and fluffy. Pour in the cooled chocolate and fold together gently.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a large clean bowl until they are billowing and stiff, but not dry. Add the remaining sugar and continue beating until the mixture becomes glossy.
4. Spoon a third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and stir together - you don't want any flecks of white. Gently fold in the remaining whites, then pour into a serving bowl. Chill in the fridge overnight to set. Decorate with chocolate shavings before serving.
Rate This Recipe