- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g butter
- 450 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 900 ml homemade chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- about 250 ml milk
- 12 slices chorizo
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- flat leaf parsley, snipped
Tips and Suggestions
If the chorizo slices are large, cut them into bite-sized pieces before frying.
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. When it foams, add the potatoes and onion and toss in the butter until well coated. Sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper.
2. Cover the vegetables closely with a butter wrapper or disc of greaseproof paper and then the lid of the saucepan. Sweat on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until softened.
3. Meanwhile bring the stock to the boil in a separate pan. When the vegetables are tender but not coloured, add the hot stock and continue to cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Taste for seasoning and reheat, thinning it down with as much milk as you need for a good consistency.
5. Just before serving, fry the slices of chorizo in a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for a minute or two on each side. Paprika-flavoured oil will render out of the chorizo.
6. Serve three slices of chorizo on top of each bowl of soup. Sprinkle a few flat parsley sprigs on top and drizzle over a little chorizo oil.
Rate This Recipe