- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the cookies
- 85 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon extract or powdered cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp orange juice
- edible glitter
Tips and Suggestions
Roll up any leftover cookie dough, wrap tightly in cling film and freeze to use another day
1. For the cookies: Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy then gradually stir in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. Sieve the baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and flour into the bowl and then gradually mix until a dough forms.
3. Bring the dough together with your hands and form into a disc and chill for one hour wrapped in cling film.
4. Draw a 20cm diameter circle on a piece of greaseproof paper, then use it to line a baking sheet.
5. Cover your work surface with a large sheet of cling film, and roll out the disc of chilled dough until very thin - about 5mm.
6. Cut 12 x 8cm sized snowflakes shapes using a shaped cutter then, using a palette knife, transfer to the baking sheet and create a ring shape using the large cookies. Make sure the edges are just touching.
7. Cut 16 x 5cm snowflake shapes using a smaller shaped cutter, then place in a ring over the top of the larger snowflake cookies. Put some cling film over the top of the cookie wreath and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes so the biscuits keep their shape once they get in the oven.
8. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Take the cookie wreath out of the fridge, remove the cling film and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on the sheet slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. To decorate Mix the icing sugar with the orange juice until smooth but runny enough to drizzle, scoop into a disposable piping bag, snip off the end and then drizzle all over the wreath.
10. Scatter with sprinkles, silver balls and glitter and allow to set.
Rate This Recipe