- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g butter, melted
- 284 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 g cranberries
- 100 g white marzipan, chopped
- demerara sugar, for sprinkling
1. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Line muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Mix the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in a large jug.
3. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, then add the liquid and mix quickly to a soft batter.
4. Stir in the cranberries and marzipan. Spoon into the cases and sprinkle a little Demerara sugar over each.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm.
Rate This Recipe