- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the meatballs
- 450 g minced beef
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- a dash of tabasco
For the sauce
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2/ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 340g can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp English mustard
1. For the meatballs: preheat the grill to high.
2. In a large bowl, combine the minced beef, onion, green pepper, breadcrumbs, egg and tabasco sauce. Mix thoroughly.
3. Form the mixture into bite-sized meatballs (each ball should be about 3cm in diameter).
4. Arrange the meatballs on a baking tray and place under the hot grill for 10-12 minutes. Turn occasionally, until browned all over.
5. For the sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and sauté until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
6. Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter and cover with the sauce, then pass around and enjoy.
Rate This Recipe