- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g tinned coconut milk
- 250 ml chicken stock, preferably home-made
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2-3 small fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 lime leaves, (optional)
- 200 g Japanese udon noodles
- small handful of bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Put the coconut milk, stock, lime juice and fish sauce in a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Add the chillies, lime leaves, if using, and the noodles.
2. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 6-7 minutes.
3. Stir in the bean sprouts, then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with coriander.
Rate This Recipe