- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: plus chilling time
- Effort: medium
For the ricotta and chive sauce:
- 25 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the polenta:
- 100 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 20 g polenta
- 20 g smoked cod roe
For the garnish:
- 50 g carrots, diced
- 50 g swede, diced
- 50 g celeriac, diced
- 80 g smoked haddock, skin removed and flesh flaked
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the fish:
- 2 skinless cod fillets, approximately 160g each
1. For the ricotta and chive glaze: Place all the ingredients into a bowl, with a pinch of salt and pepper, and beat until smooth. Cover with clingfilm and chill in a fridge for 1 hour.
2. For the polenta: Pour the cream and milk into a pan and gradually bring to the boil. Add the polenta and cook for a further 5 minutes, whisking all the time to ensure there are no lumps. Add the cod roe and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside, making sure it is kept warm.
3. For the garnish: Put all the vegetables into a pan of lightly salted water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain and put in a bowl with the flaked haddock and olive oil.
4. For the fish: Preheat the oven to 130C/110C fan, Gas ½. Place the cod fillets on a non-stick baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, until the flesh flakes easily. Remove the cod from the oven and spread the ricotta and chive mixture over each fillet. Place under a hot grill for 2 minutes.
5. To serve, spread a thin layer of the smoked polenta in the middle of each plate. Sprinkle the vegetables around the outside of the plate and place the cod on top of the polenta.
Recipe from Clos Maggiore, voted London's most romantic restaurant
Rate This Recipe