- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 confit duck legs
- 4 kipfler potatoes, par boiled and peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 tbsp duck fat
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of pistachio nut, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried cranberries
- 1 bunch of chives, cut into batons
1. Heat the confit of duck legs in a hot oven for 15 minutes at 180C/160 fan/gas 4 or until the meet is soft and falls of the bone. On medium heat, sauté the par boiled potatoes in the duck fat until golden. Season with a little salt and drain on some paper towelling.
2. To make the dressing: gently whisk the mustard, vinegar, honey and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Assemble the salad by shredding the confit of duck legs and combining with the potatoes. Add the dressing and gently toss. Finally add the cranberries and pistachios. Serve on a platter and sprinkle with the chives.
Rate This Recipe