- Serves: makes 9
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr and 15 mins rising time
- Effort: easy
For the splits
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 210 g white sugar
- 250 g strong bread flour
- 40 g butter, melted and cooled
- 5 g salt
- 150 ml lukewarm milk
For the filling
- 100 g strawberry jam
- 100 ml double cream, whipped
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Place the yeast, sugar, flour, butter and salt into a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and slowly pour in the warm milk. Bring together to form a smooth dough.
3. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth.
4. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough into 9 pieces and shape into balls. Place the dough balls into small dishes that have been lightly buttered and floured.
6. Leave to rise for a further 15 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until browned and puffed.
8. When cool, split and fill with strawberry jam and whipped cream. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe