- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 450 g côte de boeuf (rib steaks, bone in)
- 1 dashes of olive oil
- 2 tbsp tarragon leaves
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 tbsp béarnaise sauce
- 2 bunches watercress
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste and heat a little olive oil in an ovenproof pan or roasting tin. Add the beef to the pan and fry until golden-brown on both sides.
3. Transfer the beef to the hot oven and cook for 10 minutes.
4. When the beef is cooked, cover with aluminium foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 5-8 minutes.
5. Mix together the tarragon, lemon juice and béarnaise sauce.
6. Serve the steaks hot with the béarnaise sauce and watercress on the side.
Rate This Recipe