- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 450 g risotto rice
- 1 litres fish stock, (more if necessary)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 5 lime leaves, finely shredded
- 250 g fresh cooked white crab meat
- 15 g fresh coriander, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a heavy-based medium saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until softened, around 5 minutes.
2. Add the rice and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Meanwhile, bring the fish stock to the boil in a separate saucepan.
4. Slowly add the boiling stock, a ladleful at a time, to the rice, cooking and stirring for about 5-10 minutes to allow each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
5. Once the stock has been completely absorbed, gradually add the coconut milk in the same way as the stock.
6. Cook the risotto until the grains of rice are still firm but not chalky, using as much coconut milk as possible and more fish stock if necessary. The finished risotto should be on the wet side.
7. When the rice is almost done, stir through the lime leaves, crabmeat and coriander.
8. Season well with plenty of black pepper. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe